Kokomo Rescue Mission is committed to giving hope that changes lives through a transformational relationship with Jesus Christ. Our Mission considers every position one of ministry and a vital and valued part of our team.
Therefore, it is essential that all employees of Kokomo Rescue Mission have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. They must agree to believe and adhere to the Kokomo Rescue Mission’s STATEMENT OF FAITH and have a genuine concern for the salvation of souls for all those we touch.
We would love to have you join our team! Please complete the EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION and mail it to Kokomo Rescue Mission, Attn. Employment, 321 W. Mulberry St. Kokomo, IN 46901 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Positions Available:
Food Service Specialist
The purpose of the Food Services Ministry is to:
- provide a loving Christian atmosphere and nutritious meals to the public and residents who cannot afford to maintain cooked meals at home.
- meet the spiritual needs of any volunteer, client or resident in a way that would honor God.
- treat each individual in the dining room with courtesy and dignity.
The Food Service Specialist/Cook sets the tone for the ministry in the kitchen and the dining room. They are responsible to train and mentor the residents and volunteers serving in the kitchen and ensure that the kitchen meets Servsafe and Heath Department regulations and operate efficiently.
Employees of the Mission must be born again believers in Jesus Christ and active members of a recognized evangelical Christian church. They must agree to believe and adhere to the Kokomo Rescue Mission’s Doctrinal statements and have a genuine concern for the salvation of souls for all of the mission’s clients. They must have the ability to work in harmony with other staff members, be committed to unity, and possess biblical respect for the mission’s leadership.
Education/Experience: Three years previous experience in food preparation preferred. Must be ServSafe certified within three months of employment.
Essential Skills: Must be able to supervise people and work well with the general public. Needs to have knowledge of proper food rotation and inventory.
Provide supervision for the resident men on his/her shift who have been assigned to the kitchen for job training and the development of good work habits.
- Provide supervision for the resident men on his/her shift who have been assigned to the kitchen for job training and the development of good work habits.
- Prepare food on menus made by Food Service Specialist Manager.
- Work with Manager to keep pantry stocked, neat, and clean.
- Be responsible for the cleanliness of stove, refrigerators, deep fryer, electric slicer, commercial mixer, and all other kitchen equipment used on his/her shift.
- Be responsible for the cleanliness of cooking utensils (pots, pans, ladles, etc.)
- Make sure food rescue containers are properly cleaned and dried, and ready to be picked up by food rescue drivers.
- Make sure kitchen is properly closed at night, food properly stored and equipment turned off.
- Be responsible for setting up food lines, break period needs for staff, residents, and volunteers, and the serving of each person as they come to eat.
- Keep order in the dining room during his/her shift.
- Be sure to obtain names and addresses of people donating food items to the kitchen and report them to the receptionist.
- See that food items do not leave the kitchen unless authorized by the Chief Administrative Officer or Executive Director.
- Recommend to the Chief Administrative Officer or Kitchen Manager any new or significant changes to the kitchen operation.
- Perform other duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Non-slip shoes or shoe covers are required.
Candidate will be working in various locations which require:
- Work around equipment with extreme hot/cold temperatures continuously.
- Bend, lift, and stand for extended periods of time on a continual basis.
- Lift at least 25 lbs on a frequent basis and 40 lbs. on occasion.
*Part – Time
* Second Shift with alternating weekends
The purpose of the Options Specialist of Kokomo Rescue Mission Watered Garden Women’s Ministry is to help create a safe and healing environment for women in a Christian setting. Primary responsibilities include administration, leadership, spiritual guidance, have professional conduct, and provide good customer service. Must have a sense of discernment in assessing situations based on verbal and non-verbal cues, and ability to adapt to working with those from all socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Areas of responsibilities include: Administrative, Leadership, Spiritual, Emotional, Relational, Vocational, Educational, Intellectual, Financial, and Physical.
- Assess client’s needs and develop strategic plans to help them meet their needs/goals.
- Communicate clearly with all staff at the Kokomo Rescue Mission.
- Maintain facility security and regularly inspect all residential living areas.
- Coordinate and fulfill all assigned case management responsibilities, providing encouragement, counsel and accountability to each one.
- Maintain proper documentation (including use of Mission Tracker) of guests’ behavior when guidelines are not followed or there is poor program participation, using the grace based program.
- Quickly resolve conflicts with staff or clients, with grace.
- Meet with each guest on your caseload at least once every week (at least 30 minutes) to review goals, assess progress, and hold them accountable to program responsibilities.
- Become familiar with local resources and refer guests appropriately.
- Be available to work an alternating weekends, when scheduled.
Employees of the Mission must be born again believers in Jesus Christ and active members of a recognized evangelical Christian church. They must believe and agree to adhere to the Kokomo
Rescue Mission’s Doctrinal statements and have a genuine concern for the salvation of souls for all of the mission’s clients. They must have the ability to work in harmony with other staff members, be committed to unity, and possess biblical respect for the mission’s leadership.
Must be a spiritual leader to guests and staff, have good leadership skills and CPR certified.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Two or three years’ experience in related field.