- This event has passed.
Back to School Shoes, Socks & Underwear Give Away
July 15, 2019 - July 19, 2019
Kokomo Rescue Mission (321 W. Mulberry St.)
The new school year is just around the corner, and we want every student to experience the joy of receiving a brand new pair of school shoes. Every qualified student, K(age 5+)-12th grade, will receive brand new shoes, socks, and underwear for the coming school year. Children must be present with their parent/guardian. The Rescue Mission, in partnership with Crossroads Community Church and other area churches, invites income-qualified members of the community to come “shop” for free back to school shoes for students.
The Shoe Shop will be open in Kokomo Rescue Mission’s Chapel during select times:
- Monday, July 15 from 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 16 from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 17 from 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 18 from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday, July 19 from 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
In addition, students may also qualify to receive a clothing voucher for gently used clothing at the Care & Share Store.
You could be denied for Back to School Shoes from KRM if you do not have complete information! Please bring the following three items:
- A current photo ID.
- For ALL SCHOOL-AGED CHILDREN (K – age 5 through 12th grade) in your home bring one of the following forms of ID:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Cards and birth dates
- Proof of income is necessary for household (parent/guardian information). You must have one of the following:
- A copy of last year’s IRS 1040 form.
- A letter from Family Services documenting that you are approved for Food Stamps and the date approved.
- A Food Stamp card along with a grocery receipt that is less than 30 days old. The receipt must show an EBT F/S balance greater than $0.00.
- A recent letter from Medicaid, TANF, WIC, SSI or SSDI or a letter stating that an application has been filed for government assistance. These letters may be obtained from the appropriate agency.
- A copy of your lease or most recent re-certification letter showing you live in subsidized housing (you receive assistance for paying your rent.)