Back to School Shoes, Socks & Underwear Give Away
July 20 - July 24
Kokomo Rescue Mission (321 W. Mulberry St.)
Qualified students, K(age 5+)-12th grade, will receive brand new shoes, socks, and underwear for the coming school year. Children must be present with their parent/guardian. The Rescue Mission, in partnership with Crossroads Community Church and other area churches, invites income-qualified members of the community to come “shop” for free back to school shoes for students.
Monday & Wednesday, July 20th & 22nd from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Tuesday & Thursday, July 21st & July 23rd from 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm.
Grace United Methodist Church
219 W Mulberry St, Kokomo
Pre-registration and qualification are now being offered!
You could be denied for Back to School Shoes from KRM if you do not have complete information! Please bring the following three items:
- A current photo ID.
- For ALL SCHOOL-AGED CHILDREN (K – age 5 through 12th grade) in your home bring the following forms of ID:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Cards and birth dates
- Proof of income is necessary for household (parent/guardian information). You must have one of the following:
- A copy of last year’s IRS 1040 form.
- A letter from Family Services documenting that you are approved for Food Stamps and the date approved.
- A Food Stamp card along with a grocery receipt that is less than 30 days old. The receipt must show an EBT F/S balance greater than $0.00.
- A recent letter from Medicaid, TANF, WIC, SSI or SSDI or a letter stating that an application has been filed for government assistance. These letters may be obtained from the appropriate agency.
- A copy of your lease or most recent re-certification letter showing you live in subsidized housing (you receive assistance for paying your rent.)