- This event has passed.
YES, We Can! – Early Collection
August 14, 2015 @ 8:00 am - September 14, 2015 @ 11:00 pm
New for 2015 – Thanks to many great community business partners – “Yes, We Can!” collection boxes have been placed around town to help collect canned food items before Sunday September 13th.
LOOK for the Blue Boxes for “Yes, We Can!” and help the Mission by donating canned food items. Businesses with boxes are:
- First Farmers Bank and Trust – N 931 at Morgan Street
- GFS – N 931 & Havens Street
- Solidarity Community FCU – 201 E Southway Blvd & 118 N Dixon Rd Locations
- Rural King – Maple Crest Plaza, 2947 S Washington St
- Kroger – Maple Crest Plaza, 2821 S. Washington St
- Little Caesars Pizza – 308 W. Markland Ave at Washington St
- Community First Bank – 1308 E Hoffer Street location
- Button Dodge – Jeep – Chrysler – 1220 E. Boulevard St
- McGonigal – Cadillac – GMC – 2828 E. Markland Ave
- Waddell’s IGA – 125 E. Main Street, Russiaville
- Financial Builders FCU – 2828 S LaFountain St
- Main Street Cafe – 223 N. Main Street
- Coca-Cola Bottling – 2305 Davis Rd
- Chrysler – 4 plant locations
- Duke Energy – 1619 W. Deffenbaugh
- Hawg Heaven – 425 W Defenbaugh St, Kokomo, IN 46902
The food is used for the Free Meals served twice daily in Kokomo Rescue Mission’s dining room and for meals served to the residents staying in our Men’s Shelter and at our Open Arms shelter for women and children. Canned food is also used in food pantry orders.
In 2014, the Kokomo Rescue Mission served 126,729 free meals and provided food orders for 1,101 families.