What is Kokomo Rescue Mission?

Kokomo Rescue Mission is a Christian social service ministry providing a Bible-based response to the problems of homelessness and poverty. Learn more about the Mission’s outreach and shelter programs for men and women. Learn More

How is Kokomo Rescue Mission funded?

The vast majority of Kokomo Rescue Mission’s support comes from individuals, churches, businesses, organizations, and foundations (82.6% in FY19–20, including “gifts-in-kind”). The remaining 17.4% comes from our resale stores, recycling and other donations. 94% of our total support is from the support of the people in our community.

How much of every dollar donated goes toward program expenses?

Of every dollar given (in FY19-20), 84% went to fund programs. Read more about KRM’s financial accountability.

What programs and services are provided by Kokomo Rescue Mission?

The Mission provides shelter for men and for women and children, with programs that vary from a few nights of emergency shelter to long-term programs dealing with addiction and other underlying causes of homelessness. KRM also provides outreach programs that feed the hungry, clothe the needy, and provide Back to School, Thanksgiving and Christmas assistance.

Who are the people who come to Kokomo Rescue Mission?

They are men, women, and children of all ages and backgrounds who have become homeless for a variety of reasons or who are living at or below the poverty level. Most are people whose lives have been shattered by addiction, broken relationships, lack of education, deep emotional problems, or mental health issues. In recent months many have lost jobs and have gone through all their financial resources.

What are the trends you are seeing in homelessness?

Instead of the stereotypical older alcoholic man, the homeless now are much younger: 53% are under 45 years old and 20% are under 18. Children are one of the fastest growing segment of the homeless population. Of homeless families, 70% are a single parent with children.

How can I help Kokomo Rescue Mission reach out to the homeless, hungry, and hurting?

Pray – See our current prayer requests.
Volunteer – Learn more about being a volunteer.
Get Involved – Help us spread the word.